My Babes~Our last full day in California started out with a kink. Literally. I woke up at 5 am, stretched and hurt my neck. You (hopefully) aren't aware that Mommy does this regularly unfortunately. But I've always had someone to lend a hand, Daddy or friends or someone. But it was 5 am and I was all by myself with 3 sleeping babies. I snuck out for some ice, took a handful of ibuprofen and called your Dad. It was 8 am in Chile. After a good cry, I laid on the bed to try to relax.
At 6:30 Marcus, you woke up with a seal-bark cough. I can't imagine why, since the day before you took a dip in ice water. But whatever. By 8:30 I called Grandma Jane and asked for help. She was already on her way but called her chiropractor and asked for an appointment even though it was his day off. In the meantime she took you boys swimming and Kariah took a nap.
The chiropractor did the trick and we went by the farm to pick up Grampa. Lo and behold, Susan had a pony for the boys to ride!!! Jonah went first and was a little scared. Mostly because the pony kept whinnying loudly for her boyfriend and Jonah is always a little nervous around new loud sounds. Marcus begged for, and got, two turns and he grinned the whole time. Kariah wasn't impressed. Period.
Then we went for a drive to find the ocean and real clam chowda, as Grampa says. We found the good stuff at a restaurant perched on a cliff over the ocean. Turns out Jonah loves it, Marcus is not a fan (what a surprise). But he did have to go pee (another shocker). So Grampa takes him outside to the port-a-potty also perched on said cliff.
Well, the story goes Marcus, you went in the potty, but forgot to turn the latch. So when you were done you turned it the wrong way and couldn't get out. So Grampa told you to turn in the other way and push. PUSH you did, and you came flying out of the port-a-potty, head first towards the cliff but first into the ground. Luckily Grampa knows how to tickle tears away.
The next day Grampa took us to an overlook of the Golden Gate bridge. We parked on yet another cliff, this one without a guard rail, and he asked if we wanted to get out and take a picture. I thought over our wonderful (and oh so exciting) vacation and decided, "No, the view is just fine from Marcus' seatbelt. Thank you very much."
We ended the trip checking out Sausalito, houseboats, and gourmet grocery stores for a picnic at the Larkspur park. It was a wonderful vacation which taught me a lot. Namely, with Grandparents at her side, a Mommy can do anything!






Oh Elena, what a trip you had! That port-a-potty story definitely is one for the records. Poor Marcus! - Katie
ReplyDelete