Dear KarBear,
Mommy made your dress. It's true. It's the same pattern and yarn as Baby Holly's dress but yours is longer. I learned my lesson with Kariah's dress and I picked a simple pretty pattern that was done finished before the 3rd trimester started. But the way you grew, I was really worried you wouldn't fit! But you did, and I was so happy and proud to see you in your beautiful white blessing dress.
Sweetie, you will have a few white dresses in your life that are really important. In eight years, you'll be able to choose if you want to be baptized. You will have a beautiful white dress that day and it will be so pure and pretty, just like you.
And a decade or two after that, you'll wear another white dress in the Temple when you receive your endowments. I made my first temple dress and wore it for years. I'll never forget how unique and special I felt in the Temple, September 1, 1998 when I went through the Temple for the first time. It's such an amazingly wonderful experience and I can't wait to share it with you.
And then of course, a wedding dress. So hard to comprehend, you being that mature. Yet I know it's coming fast. So for today, I absolutely delight in your teeny tiny white blessing dress.






No comments:
Post a Comment