Dear kids,
You are very, very special. You have a great relationship with your Great'Grandma Norton. Her real name is Marilyn, but you probably don't even know that. It sounds a lot like Karalynn, doesn't it?
She lives with Grandma and Grampa so we're able to see her a lot. Kariah, you love to visit with her in her room, look at her dolls, and sometimes even have a tea party with Grandma's tupperware dishes and Great'Grandma's mini card table.
Great'Grandma's favorite story to tell about Kariah: One day while Kariah was visiting, she pointed to Great'Grandma's donut cushion and declared "When I get old, I want one of those!"
Great'Grandma is a pretty great person to have in our lives. She's genuinely interested in our day to day going ons, she doubly understands the pressure of motherhood, as she had ten kids, don't you forget. And she is a wonderful example of honesty and lack of pretense. When I grow up, I hope I can tell it like it is, just like Great'Grandma.
I was absolutely honored that she asked me to take some birthday pictures for her. I immediately thought of the Temple as a great location. I remember that shortly after Grampa Norton passed away, Grandma was going to the Las Vegas Temple so frequently that people thought she worked there! What an awesome example for us!
We love you Great'Grandma. We truly do.









No comments:
Post a Comment