Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sick. Day 2.


Dear Joey Bear,
Today is Day 2 of major sickies. It started with a fever, then a cough, now you’ve lost your voice. For some reason, we do not own a single bell, so I have put one of Baby’s toys (the drums that play Caribbean music) next to you. When you need me, you hit the drum, and I come running.




It’s not often that you are sick. Sure you get croup way too often, but luckily that’s a pokey (shot) and you’re better within 24 hours. This is long, this is hard. I’m so sorry.



Last night for bed time, Marcus asked for the bus song. We sang the first verse, the wheels on the bus go round and round, then “The Marcus on the bus goes….we wait….he says POOH! With a squeal, we sing the verse. Then, “the Jonah on the bus goes….you replied, with a totally straight face, HACK HACK COUGH. I died laughing. It was the highlight of my whole day. And it made you smile that I laughed at your joke. Then you slept.



Now it’s 11 am. You are napping. Your sister is napping. Marcus is at preschool. I could be taking my first shower in two days. But I wanted you to know. You are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment