Tuesday, March 17, 2009

And Then He Was Five.




Dear Marky,

Today is the day. The day you turn five. Auntie gave Sissy this toy Elmo radio and it plays this song..."Elmo you did something new today! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!" to this sassy, jazzy beat.


Today you and I danced in the play room while I sang "Marcus you turned five today! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!". I spun you and spun you and you LAUGHED! and every time the song ended you begged for more.



I'm sorry to say I only lasted about five minutes till I was out of breath. I promise by your next birthday, we will dance and dance until you can't dance no more.

In honor of the day, it's time for a story. Your story begins long before you were actually born. Daddy was doing a summer internship for a wonderful company that has paved the way to his current success. We lived with Grampa and Grandma, with your JoBear who was only one.




One day I felt really really sick and visited the Urgent Care. The doctor explained that I had a bad bladder infection AND I was pregnant. I told him it wasn't possible, it took 2 years to get pregnant with Jonah, I had just stopped nursing him, it wasn't possible. Yet, somehow a little spirit with a whole lot of determination decided to join our family.




Then nine months later. Mommy was THIS big. And a wee bit grumpy. Daddy took me out for Chinese food. And my contractions started. I kept it a secret all night long, Daddy and JoBear had no idea. Then....the contractions stopped. I woke up the next morning a wee bit grumpy. While I stood in our 600 sq. ft. apartment whining, a contraction came and literally knocked me on my bum.



3 hours later we were immediately admitted into the hospital and 12 hours after that (a blink of an eye compared to Jonah's birth), you made your entrance. Love at first site my baby boy.
The last five years have been....well....let's be honest...exciting, frustrating, sleepy, blurry, happy, silly, giggly, and downright crazy, just like you!! You are loved, Marcus.

No comments:

Post a Comment