Thursday, March 12, 2009

Jailed. Skinny. And pretty.



Dear Sis,

In response to the last post, we purchased a baby gate last weekend. DaDaDa and Boys set it up for you during your nap, and for a few hours you didn't even know it was there. Then after awhile you would check to see if I was looking, and make a crawling beeline for the stairs. When you got there and realized there was this BIG IRON GATE in your way, oh the tears! the anguish! the cries of desperation! Your absolute favorite past time was taken away! I so sorry...



To make up for the injustice, I frequently "forget" to close the gate and enjoy chasing you up the stairs just to hear your squeals of happiness.

In other news, we had your nine month well check, a mere 3 weeks late. We were informed that you have only gained 8 ozs since your six month check, dropping from the 25th percentile for weight to the 5th percentile. The doc was not happy. You, my darling, have got to start eating more solids. I will throw in the towel and stop attempting to shove baby food down your throat. Table food from here on out, I promise.

In the 24 hours since your appointment I have fed you tons of oatmeal, bananas, taco meat, avocados, and chicken breast. You have spent half the day in your high chair. Your poop output has more than doubled. But we have four weeks until your next check up and darned if I'm not going to fatten you up, even more than you already are.
In other news, we had your nine month pictures taken yesterday (even though you're almost 10 months). Oh my dear, for about mmm 30 seconds, you were darling. Then you decided your mission was to crawl out of photography range faster than the flash could find you. By the end, we had to strip you to keep you happy.


But boy, oh boy, did Haleigh find some amazing pictures of you. How you've grown. The only thing greater than my love for you, is your beauty. I could eat you up.










1 comment:

  1. She is soooooooooo beautiful. Bennett is going to have to work hard for this girl when he is older because there are going to be a lot of admirers -Spelling?

    ReplyDelete