Thursday, May 7, 2009

Jonah +Homework = Drama

Dear JoBear,

Oh the homework struggle. After months of whining and tears we finally figured out a (better) solution. Everyone goes to bed early and you and I get up before everyone else and do homework together.

You, my smart boy, are all smiles when you get your math facts done on the bus, making morning homework time shorter.

Yesterday you got off and showed me 100 Math Facts and bragged that your friend had done them for you, aren't you lucky? When I explained that we would have to erase them so that you could do them, you burst into tears. Why? Because, you explained, if you had known that you would have just done them yourself, now Homework Time will take forever!!

And today, for Teacher Appreciation Week, you wrote Ms. Schmidt a letter and this is what it said. I quote,
Dear Ms. Schmidt. You are a good teacher. I leaned a lot. I just wish school was a little shoter. My favorite part is homework because i do with with my Mom. Love, Jonah

It's a beast, I know. But you are so smart!! And so loved.


2 comments:

  1. jonah is such a sweet heart, and could he make sweeter comments all the time in church, i don't think so!! loved his cute letter to his teacher and you have to love that its "teacher appreciation" and he couldn't help but throw you in there too!! and what a surprise to see a blog post about our water party!! glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that darling letter he wrote! What a great mom you are to get up early to do homework; that is one stage of life I'm not particularly looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete