Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Gone...

Dear Kids,

There comes a point when a Mommy is so far gone she has to go. Does that make sense?

Of course not, you're not there yet. But someday, I promise it will make sense. And I'm giving you guilt-free permission now to pack a suitcase, preferably before you're too big and pregnant to move, and just GO! (okay that doesn't apply to you Jo and Marc, but huge, huge, huge points if you support your preggo sweeties in doing the same. Learn from your Daddy)

And so, Mommy went. It took a series of small miracles, mostly in the form of your Auntie Noel, but away I went. With Michelle, the only woman besides Auntie Noel I could stand to be with 24/7 for three days straight. She even put up with my pregnancy-induced snoring and morning toots. In fact, she laughed at me. Which is exactly why she was invited.

We stayed in Coronado and rented bikes and toured the whole island. This is San Diego behind us. We have 10+ years of pictures of us in this pose. Someday, I'll scan them in and post them all.

We spent 3 hours sitting on the beach, under an umbrella, reading and talking about things that only friends-since-college, introduced-me-to-my-husband, has-seen-me-at-my-worst-and-best, could talk about.


We laughed at drunk over-the-hill women, we ate Yummi Sushi, we fell asleep watching Twilight, and made up stories about people we saw at the Beach. (pictures not suitable for viewing) (but taken nonetheless).

On the flight home, Michelle commented on the stewardess' safety speech, about how if you're travelling with small children you need to first put the oxygen mask on you and then on them. She said, that's like our life. We Mommy's need to make sure we get our own oxygen so we can properly take care of our kiddoes. Tru Dat.
Mommy was too far GONE, so she WENT, and now I'm back. And ready to face .....life.
I love you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Awww that sounds like so much fun!! I could majorly use some oxygen now ;

    ReplyDelete