Tonight for Family Night we headed to the Mesa Temple. You put on a white shirt and tie, along with your brand new suit coat. You thought it was hysterical to still wear your shorts and sandals. I promised I wouldn't let them show. And we took pictures to display at your Baptism this Saturday.
I took about 150 pictures, losing light every second and bemoaning my lack of knowledge. I've edited the best of them and will let you pick which ones will be displayed.
Dad played with Kariah and Marcus and tried to get you to laugh, and smile without looking like a goober. Hard to do apparently.
We've done a lot of preparation over the past few weeks, suit shopping, asking people to give talks and prayers, choosing songs, and now picture taking. I find myself once again knowing I could have done better, could have done more, but feeling limited by my ever increasing tummy and lack of knowledge. I just pray that our Savior will make up the difference.
All the while, I've realized how exceedingly proud I am of you. You have such incredible traits: patience, intelligence, humor, spiritual intuition, you truly amaze me. You inspire me and you make me so grateful to be your mother. Baptism is a big step. It's when you are truly held accountable for your actions, in every eternal aspect. And it frightens me that I haven't taught you enough, or the right things. Again, I try to trust that Jesus will make up the difference. As I have to trust for myself, so must I for you.
While we were wandering around, towards the end I let you pick whatever spot you wanted pictures of. You found the petroglyph rock and we snapped a few there. Turned out to be the very best picture I took all night. The best light, the best focus, the best smile! And instead of the Temple, there's this darned rock!! So infuriating!!

Wow, these pictures look amazing, Elena! You really have a talent for this. And I simply cannot believe that Jonah is getting baptized and so grown up! Truly, where did the time go? Congrats and good luck with this weekend; I'm sure it's going to be busy, but oh, so special.
ReplyDelete