Dear Marky-roo~
Oh my crazy boy. You are so wonderful and so loud and so funny, all at the same time. You are doing so well in kindergarten!
The funniest thing is that your homework folder comes home FILLED with all sorts of airplanes and tanks and other fun objects, all that you have designed and cut out of paper. Which that alone I think is very creative.
But I got an email from Camden's mommy the other day. I put that together with some comments you've made and I realized....you are spending all of quiet time every day designing and cutting out warcraft for all the boys (and some girls) in your class. And you are very clear on which ones are capable of what.
I would say you are a budding engineer but your imagination is beyond even that, I think. It reminds me of a Time article I read recently. It discussed how quickly our society is changing, specifically to technology and careers. The top 10 paying jobs right now, did not exist 10 years ago. So, in essence our college students are trying to get educated for jobs that don't even exist yet.
You and your siblings will never have wondered if a black man could be president. You will never have experienced life without an Ipod, a computer, digital cameras, and YouTube. Your reality is completely different than mine.
And I think it has to be. For your imagination, my son, is going to be your biggest ally. Your ability to think and invent and create without limitations or pre-conceived ideas, just might be the key to your success.
I can't wait to see what you will do and what you will create. I just know it will be amazing.
Marky I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment